Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Last night....

I see that lots of you commented on facebook.... After I updated my profile I was going to explain a bit on here but my internet stopped working so I left you all hanging. Anyways, here's our story from last night:

So at about midnight I woke up with some really strong contractions. I had been pretty busy yesterday - cleaning our bedroom, washing walls, etc, so I thought I had just maybe over done it. After about 1/2 hour they set into a rythm - about a 20 second long contraction 2 minutes apart. I got up and did a bit of reading on braxton hicks, preterm labour, etc and I noticed I had a few symptoms of preterm labour (back was sore, consistent contractions, cramps). I had some water then layed down again to count them again. Yup - still the same. By this time they didn't hurt as much but something that definately kept me awake. So after thinking for another hour or so (lots of thoughts go through your mind - especially when you don't have a good history of childbirth) I called the hospital to see what they said. I told them what was going on and they said I should come in right away. I went and woke up Brian and we headed to the hospital at about 3AM. Our last trip like this we were very quiet, and gripped with fear - this time, we still (obviously) had some fear but the baby was kicking lots and having a baby at 28 weeks didn't seem like such a big deal (compared to last time). When we got to the hospital they hooked me up to the monitors and watched my contractions and how the baby was doing. My contractions were still about 2 minutes apart but even less painful - kinda like a dull ache. They did some checks and our Dr came to see us. He did a bit more poking and proding and told us my cervix wasn't dilated (which we were all so thankful about!) They monitored me for about and hour then said to go home, TAKE IT EASY and be on bedrest for a while - he said when I'm having contractions like that the baby's weight on the cervix can dilate it. He also said that I had a urinary infection so that and over doing it yesterday made for a not so good combination.
We got home at about 5. I was supposed to work today so I called to tell them I wasn't coming in, then we crashed in bed until about 9. I've been having contractions off and on today but nothing consistent. My tummy is pretty tender from the workout it had last night so I don't mind just hanging out in bed. I'm getting lots of homework done anyways!
So, that's the scoop. Baby is HEALTHY & we're not in labour! Thank the Lord!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Praise God!! I'm so thankful for His grace and mercy... may He give you strength to rest - quite a paradox, I know, but a busy lady needs inner strength to slow down!!

kelly ens said...

thanks for this update - i've been thinking/praying for you all day! We continue to pray for safety for you and the baby, and that you will indeed take it easy!