Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm in LOVE!

Today I got my Mei-Tai carrier in the mail! I'm SOOO excited! I even had to take pictures with my 'baby' (aka: pillow) to show it off. After I ordered it my friend said that she wished she would have got the extra back support on hers so then I wished I would have got it too (so you can have bigger babies/toddlers in it). But they actually screwed up my order and 'accidentally' made mine with the back support!!
The patterns and colors of straps are all custom picked so I went through hundreds of different patterns and (finally) decided on these 2 (reversible is also an option).
This green is my fav! It is also a pocket so even more handy. (Paige- do you leave the ties long like this in the front?)

Close up. The thing sticking out by my right shoulder is a toy ring(also an option).

Back view of the front carry:

The reversible (girly) side. This 'hold' is kinda hard to do without an actual baby and hard to tie with a big belly in the way.

Anyways if I haven't mentioned it or if you haven't figured it out - I LOVE this thing! It's REALLY comfy too (altho that is without the weight of a baby). I actually still have it on :) Hehehe

4 comments:

rachel joy said...

I think you'll really like it. I've never heard about extra back support for toddlers. Is it just more padding in the straps? Even without it you could totally carry a larger child, but that's a bonus that they made a mistake. I wrapped my long ties around my waist till they were out of the way. Is this two separate carriers or one reversable one?

paige said...

i tie mine in a bow in the front. *AND* my personal opinion is that the momma is wearing it, not the baby, so it can be as girly as you want :) (ahem, speaking as someone who has a purple front with butterflies & the chunkiest little boy ever who rides in it...)
i LOVE it, Jen!!! Wahooooo!!!

Elizabeth said...

That is really cool!!! It definately looks comfortable!!

kelly ens said...

LOVE it!!! so gorgeous!