Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Names

I've been thinking a lot about names lately...we should get those figured out.
We were originally going to use the ones we had picked for Brennan but over time we've changes our minds due to different reasons.
So, now we're kinda back at square one and confused.
I want to hear everyones name ideas ~ and don't worry I won't pick your favorites unless you let me ;) I'm just mostly curious as to peoples trends/styles in names and am just looking for some naming tips and ideas.
We're really into the names meaning something special - especially since Brennan's meaning is so huge to us (teardrop; sadness/sorrow; prince). So I've been looking along the lines of the name meaning: comfort, peace, praise, God my provider, joy, new morning/day....something that represents our journey and what this new babe means.

4 comments:

mtvantol said...

We like the names - Anton for a boy and Marianne for a girl.....just kidding - Oma & Opa

kelly ens said...

If Ezra was a girl, he would have been named Adalia Jade. Adalia means 'noble.' If Taeya had been a boy, one of the options would have been Noah Grayson. You're free to use those if you want :)

Carol said...

You don't know me, but I having been reading your blog for the last 9 months, and am praying for you and Brian and this new baby.
Names:

Jonathan (Nathan, Nathaniel) and Matthew all mean "Gift of Jehovah"
Ian means "God is gracious" (I am partial to Jonathan because I have a very precious son with that name!)

Here are some recent, trendy names from the young families from our church or relatives:

boys: Judah, Jude, Carson, Kayden, Gideon, Caleb, Jackson, Elliot, Callum, Josiah, Kian, Jonah, Denver, Ethan,

girls: Adelaide, Audrey, Naomi, Lia, Kaia, Siena, Kenya, Tori, Dacia, Danika, Angelica, Bianca,
Cordelia (believe it or not!), Adella, Asia,

middle names for girls: Dawn, Faith, Joy, Grace, Hope etc.

So there you go...you don't know me or my friends,(and we're all from Ontario) so they are all up for grabs!

Have fun

paige said...

i like Anton & Marianne too :) hehe...