Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another day...

Well, I guess that sleep will do...it'll have to :) Was better then the night before at least!
Yesterday I had *hopefully* my last Dr's appt. I'm measuring 38 weeks, and all the other vitals were good. He 'checked' me and said I was 30-40% effaced and I finger width dilated...so not too exciting.
I wasn't doing very good yesterday - mostly because I was sooo tired which leads to crazy emotions.... Brian wanted me (and I did too) to ask him if he could induce me a few days earlier (next Monday instead of next Friday) so his parents would have a few days with the baby - if we don't have the baby before. I was on the verge of tears the whole time so all I could do was nod in agreement and give him quick/to the point answers. Brian took the clinic phone # to work today so he is going to try to talk to our Dr. Hopefully he has better luck then I did...altho I'm sure Brian won't start crying either :)
After my appt yesterday I had a nap then we went out for supper. We rarely go out for supper in town so it was a nice treat - especially since making supper was not a priority on my list! Then we did some tidying/cleaning around the house. Brian's parents fly in this morning so we're all ready for company.
Well, I guess that's my update for now...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Jen -

The emotions are nuts, hey? Stability will return!! :)

The doctor probably isn't worried about measuring 38 weeks, hey? I think that's as far as I ever got with Dustin, even at 41 weeks!!

As for only being 30-40% and a finger-width...well, it's more exciting than having regular contractions for hours, 3-4 minutes apart lasting 40-60 seconds each, and not being effaced or dilated at all!! I tell ya, sometimes the nurses sure make you feel like an idiot for going in... besides, why on earth do they tell you to go in when you're 5-7 minutes for an hour with your first baby? They just make you feel stupid. At least my nurse did with Joshua. I was so mad.

I'm sure you'll have the baby before next Friday - I'll be praying, praying, praying - as I know a LOT of people are!! Darlin', you're getting SOOO close!! AAAAAGH!!!!! :)

*hugs*
M.

Carol said...

Thinking of you - hang in there!